Tuesday 26 April 2011

"Liverpool Goalkeeper Pepe Reina Confirms Long Anfield Stay And Sets Sights On Premier League Title" writes The Newshound

Source: Caughtoffside
Article Type: Transfer Rumor


Pepe Reina has told Spanish radio station Cadena COPE he wants to stay at Liverpool now their owners’ ambitions match his own.
“I’m happy, calm and comfortable here, looking towards the future which I reckon will bring a lot of happiness and hopefully the new project with the new American owners will be a convincing one, attractive and ambitious above all”, he said.
“It’s my understanding, and based on what I’ve gathered from the people here, that we will be bringing in some important players, continuing to grow and hopefully in one or two years we will be in the place that Liverpool deserves to be, which is fighting for titles.
“Obviously, [Rafael] Benitez brought me here but that doesn’t mean that I’m unhappy with Dalglish, quite the opposite, I think he’s the ideal man for Liverpool at this moment.”
Despite furious speculation in the summer that he would consider a move to Manchester United, Reina has moved to quell such fears.
Instead, he believes that the Old Trafford hierarchy will move for Atletico Madrid custodian David De Gea to replacement the retiring Edwin van der Sar.
He added: “To Manchester? Never. I don’t know, it’s not my intention. But I imagine it’s not their intention either.
“I imagine they’ve been monitoring and following many keepers, not only De Gea or Pepe Reina but I’d imagine five, six or seven other options and I don’t know if I was one of them but if your information is good then I guess it’s possible, I don’t know.”
As previously Reina has been reluctant to fully commit to Liverpool, this has to be considered good news for Reds supporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KONTERA